Beads in Space makes a stop at Diamond Children's tomorrow | Community Spirit
Looking for something to do tomorrow? Why not head on over to Diamond Children’s Medical Center and catch a glimpse of the Beads of Courage- Beads in Space Exhibit.
This event marks the first time Beads of Courage were rocketed into space. On May 14, 2010, Beads of Courage sent artist beads some 4.8 million miles on the NASA Space Shuttle Atlantis, and then again on Space Shuttle Endeavour’s mission on May 30, 2011.
The Beads in Space exhibit transforms the clinical setting and sparks the imaginations of children coping with serious illness. Come see these space-inspired beads created by some truly amazing glass makers.
WHEN: September 14, 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
WHERE: Diamond Children’s Medical Center Lobby, Giraffe Entrance (University of Arizona Medical Center 1501 N. Campbell Ave, Tucson 85724)
For more information contact Beads of Courage (520) 884-7814 or visit their website at www.beadsofcourage.org.
Top Vail Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Cox Communications helps Community Food Bank of Southern Arizona
- Head to Pima County’s newest BMX track for free racing
- Register now for the next session of Pima County leisure classes
- El Dia de San Juan Fiesta celebrates its 16th anniversary
- Road closing for utility work in southeast side neighborhood