Holiday schedule for transit, trash and recycling services | Events
Schedules for Labor Day holiday for Sun Tran and City of Tucson trash, recycling services.
Sun Tran bus schedules:
Sun Tran buses will operate on a Sunday schedule on Labor Day September 2. The following details outline transit service on Labor Day:
- Sun Tran Routes 1 - 99 will run on Sunday schedule on Labor day; regular service resumes Tuesday, September 3.
- Sun Express Routes will not be in operation. Regular service resumes Tuesday, September 3.
- Sun Shuttle Routes will not be in operation, with the exception of dial-a-ride service in Oro Valley, which will offer Sunday service hours for Americans with Disabilities Act-qualified passengers only. Regular service resumes Tuesday, September 3.
- Sun Tran’s Customer Service Center will be open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. to assist passengers with trip planning needs. On Tuesday, September 3, the Customer Service Center will return to regular weekday hours of 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Sun Tran’s Administrative Office (3920 N. Sun Tran Blvd.) will be closed. The Administrative Office will reopen for business on Tuesday, September 3, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Special Services Office (35 W. Alameda) will be closed Labor Day. The office will have extended hours from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. on the following days: August 28, 29 and 30, as well as September 3.
- Sun Van service will mirror the service provided by Sun Tran. Sun Van’s Customer Service Center will be open 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Labor Day.
Passengers are advised to consult Sun Tran’s Ride Guide, visit www.suntran.com, or call Sun Tran’s Customer Service Center at (520) 792-9222 (for persons with hearing and speech impairments, call TDD: 520-628-1565) for specific route times and bus information.
Trash and Recycling (for residential and commercial customers):
The Labor Day holiday will be observed on Monday, September 2.
Residential and commercial trash and recycling will not be collected on Monday. All City of Tucson residential and commercial customers will have their trash and recycling service delayed by one day during the holiday week.
The Los Reales Landfill will be open from 6 a.m. - 5 p.m. for commercial and self-haulers.
Holiday collection schedules are available online at www.tucsonaz.gov/esd or via smartphone, by downloading the free ‘my waste’™ App to have access to all collection schedules.
City offices will be closed on Monday, September 2, however, customers may leave a message for Environmental Services Customer Service at 791-3171 or by submitting a service request at www.tucsonaz.gov/esd and they will be contacted no later than the next business day.
Customer Service will be available on Saturday, September 7, from 7 a.m. - 3 p.m.
County owned and City of Tucson operated landfills and transfer stations:
Pima County’s Department of Environmental Quality is posting the holiday schedule for all landfills and transfer stations owned by the county and operated by Tucson Waste & Recycling Services (TWRS).
All landfills including those in Sahuarita and Ajo, as well as the Tangerine Landfill and the Ryan Field Transfer station will be closed Monday, September 2, for the holiday.
The Pima County Solid Waste Administrative Office (5301 W. Ina Road) will also be closed on Monday.
For more information on the closures, please call TWRS at 623-7300 or visit www.tucsonrecyclingandwasteservices.com.
Upcoming Events near Vail
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Mark Kelly named Director of Flight Crew Operations for World View Enterprises’
- TUSD vote unanimous, Wrightstown sold to private developer
- Two U of A College of Medicine – Phoenix faculty named Fellows of the National Academy of Inventors
- Team Up For Tucson holding annual toy drive & car show this weekend
- New member of TREO Chairman’s Circle